Wednesday, July 09, 2008

So much for new years

So I tryed to keep up with the blog, but just ran out of time in June. With school raping up 2 bithdays, and work going crazy I had to let something drop and I am sorry it was my reading public. But I am back today, I don't know how long for but I will try to up date you on what I can.

I am now 30 and so is Kev. I was worried about turning 30, I don't know what I expected to happen, but I was not looking forward to it. But now the day is past I actually like being 30. I feel for the first time I don't care what other people think of me. And I am going to look after ME first and everyone else 2nd. That is really big for me. I am not sure if its because I turned 30 and was able to let go, or if its because I have been working really hard on challenging myself lately to be different.

Dathen is all done kindergarten, and looking forward to grade one!! He is still in daycare for the summer, which he seems happy with.

Kyler is at the same daycare and trying hard to potty train, but I learned from the first one not to push it, so he will get it when he gets it. We are having a hard time disciplining him right now. Time outs don't work he just laughs at us, yelling is a joke to him, (I think he trys to see how loud we will get), taking things away does not work, he is 2 and just goes on to the next thing. So we age challenged but we will work it out. He is just like me!! That is the hardest part!

1 comment:

Gord said...

Don't worry about being thirty, you know I'll always think of you as being twenty two.
I can't help it, it's not that I don't think of you as a mature, responsible adult, it's just that you will always be my younger sister and I don't think of myself as being thirty six... therefore you can't be thirty.