Wednesday, October 20, 2010

This is what happens when your kids don't get TV commercials.


This is what happens when your kids don't get TV commercials. Dathen saw somewhere, I think tv in Winnipeg, a kid drinking apple juice from an apple and wanted to try it to see if it really worked. He was disapointed to find out it didn't. But had a good time trying it. Its hard to teach them about advertising when at home we don't get any. I am thank-full that we don't because for about a week after we go somewhere there is commercials all we here is "we want, we want...". But if we only here that once in awhile I guess its not that bad.
It does make wish lists for birthdays and Christmas a little hard.
Kyler loves to read this book, Oliva. And tonight the cat Blitzen wanted it read to her too. So they all piled on top of mom for a good book. Good thing we all fit in that small chair.
I am so proud of my boys and there reading these days! Dathen is getting really good and Kyler is already starting to show an interest in reading. That is all I can ask, that they like books. I don't even care if they ever become great readers. I just don't want them to miss out on all the great stories out there.
Speaking of books, I am going to start volunteering a New Era's library when I have time. I will not be doing much at first just shelving books and cleaning, but if I like it and stay on I will start to do more, even reading to the little ones. This excites me because of my love for books!

No comments: