Sunday, April 14, 2013

Feeling doubt about home schooling

So as some may know and some may not we are planing to home school the kids next year. They are really looking forward to it!
But some days I am not so sure that I am smart enough to do it. Sometimes I will be talking to someone and they bring up a topic or subject that I know nothing about. But the conversation goes on as if I should know what they are talking about. I feel dumb and left out. Why do I not know this stuff? Am I really that out of touch with the world? This moment is when I doubt that I should be homeschooling. I'm I smart enough to home school? What if I don't teach my kids what they need to know? I don't want them to ever feel like this......Wait a minute, I don't want them to feel like this. Not I want to make sure they know everything. Why do I feel like this? Because I was never taught it was ok to not know the answer. I was never taught to ask questions with out feeling dumb. That is what I want to teach my kids. Not that they need to know everything but that its ok that they don't and to keep on learning every day.
I feel better. :)

No comments: