Monday, February 09, 2015

freak out over

So last week I was freaking out about school and the lack of learning going on. It all came to a head this weekend with me crying in the bathroom, beating myself up and feeling like crap. But after talking to my hubby and agreeing to throw money and the problem (kidding) I am feeling better and on track again. We had a family meeting to talk about what our goals are, how TV is stopping us and what we need to do to get back on track. All these things helped, along with buying new curriculum to help with reading. We agreed we need to get back into working a little harder then we had been and come back to some subjects we had walked away from. History being a big one, writing is another. I agreed to work on reading the rest of this school year and writing will come next year. I hope this reading program will help keep me focused and seeing growth in the kids. Its in the mail and I will not get it for a week or so. Fingers crossed, and toes, and arms and anything else that might help.

No comments: